Join us poolside and lounge, dance, and dive-into the lifestyle that made The Lafayette Hotel, Hollywood’s getaway to San Diego, CA.
Sip & Swim pool parties at Lafayette hotel’s infamous Weissmuller Pool. Bathing suits, pool floaties, cocktails, live music & more! Sip & Swim returns to infamous Weissmuller Pool at Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club and Bungalows.
» read more
Designed by former Tarzan and five-time gold medal winner Johnny Weissmuller in 1946, the pool at The Lafayette has been the scene of unforgettable celebrations for seven decades. The likes of Ava Gardner and other Hollywood royalty have lounged poolside here and so can you. We welcome locals and guests to unwind and soak up the famed So-Cal sun on the daily.
Treat your guests to an unforgettable gathering around our famous swimming pool. Whether you choose the spacious cabana or terrazzo pool deck, cocktails just taste better here. And at nearly 25 meters long and with 300,000 gallons of water, the pool itself holds quite a few people. Only limit on the fun is your imagination.
Whether it’s to get on the guest list or set up bottle service, contact our VIP Nightlife team today. Let us plan your next great San Diego day and or night out. Give us a call quick and easy at 619-330-9430.
» read less
What To Know
Music: Open Format
Best for: Groups, Singles
Average Line: 10-30 min
Price: $$ -$$$
Attire: Stylish Swimwear
When To Visit
Hours of Operation
Where To Go
The Lafayette Hotel
2223 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92104
• Location: Sip Swim is located at Lafayette Hotel; at 2223 El Cajon Blvd.
• A highlight of this historic North Park hotel is its hipster Swim Club; hosts Sunday pool parties with live music throughout summer.
• Pool hours: Monday through Saturday 12-6pm Sundays 10am-6pm. Sat & Sun pool fee: $5. Weekdays free with purchase of one drink.
• Drink Prices: Drinks range from $12-$14. They also serve wine and beer.
• Drink Recommendations: For the fiery soul, try the El Diablo. Served with Casamigos reposado tequila, crème de cassis, fresh lime & Cock’n Bull ginger beer. Or for something little less zippy; order Basil Daisy, made with Tito’s vodka, Aperol, raw sugar, lemon & fresh basil.
• Best table location: Opt for 30-person private cabana while you sip on margaritas poolside.
• Towel service is for hotel guests only, though can also be purchased at Frank’s General Store.
A semi-private Poolside Cabana is the ultimate indulgence. Not only do you get best view of swimming pool and poolside entertainment, but you also can lounge on comfy couches and indulge in tasty fare, too.
A cabana is the perfect base for up to 30 guests. Grab your favorite swimsuit and let’s celebrate. Cabanas include:
• Accommodates 30 guests; first 10 included in rental fee. $15/ea per additional guest.
• Couches and a coffee table.
• Semi-private poolside cabana at south end of pool.
• View of swimming pool and poolside entertainment.
• Convenient preorder of food and drinks via Catering Dept.
• On-demand food and drinks ordered directly from poolside server.
• Rental Fee + Food & Beverage minimum to spend required.
• Wristbands distributed to guests via Front Desk (proper ID required).
Still have questions? Head to our Contact Info to directly connect with us.
How To Best Dress
• Sip & Swim Pool Parties have strict “swimwear attire” dress code.
• No sports attire (e.g. jerseys, basketball shorts), jeans, cargos, ripped clothing, sweats, baggy swim attire, excessive chains/jewelry, dress shoes, boots, socks worn with sandals, nor images of, or any reference to drugs, or drug use is prohibited on all clothing.
• Management reserves all rights of entry based on dress code etiquette.