A cozy New York-style club with a glamorous yet intimate feel, the Side Bar is a mix of bold theatrical features with playful feminine elements. Striking metallic finishes blend with warm coppers and avant-garde floral patterns. Shades of pink and an enchanting botanical feature evoke a whimsical garden feel that will elevate any professional or social event.
» read more
The focal point is the extreme birdcage in the back club that houses DJs and transforms into stage for go-go dancers to climb and tease the high-energy dancing crowd that gathers below.
» read less
What To Know
Music: House, Hip-Hop
Best for: Groups, Singles
Average Line: 5-15 min
Price: $$ (Moderate)
Attire: Trendy, Dressy
When To Visit
Hours of Operation
Wed-Sat: 6pm -2am
Sundays: 9pm -2am
Where To Go
NBHD: Gaslamp District
536 Market St
San Diego, CA 92101
• Location: Side Bar is located at 536 Market St, corner of Sixth.
• The dance floor is smaller than average so do go early for a less packed venue during weekends.
• Must be within dress code every night.
• DJs mostly play Hip-Hop; except on Fridays, it offers house music.
• Champagne Showers Available starting at $700-$2000.
• Admission: Entry is at the door’s discretion with a varying cover depending on the day of the week.
• Drink Prices: Expect to pay $12-18 for cocktails. $1000-$2500 for Bottle Service Packages. Bottles start at $350 and it goes up from there.
• Best nights to go: The best nights are Wednesdays and weekends; with weekly parties on Sundays, Industry Night Wednesdays, Acoustic Thursdays, Ditch Fridays with music by DJ Kyle Flesch plus drink specials like $5 Draft Beers, $7 Wine by the Glass, $8 Specialty Cocktails, 50%-off Shareable Cocktails, and, of course, Saturdays.
• Smoking: Yes. Outdoor Area / Patio Only.
• Outdoor Seating: Yes.
• Parking: Street.
• Best table location: 2nd Floor Outside Cabanas; seats up to 15 guests.
How To Best Dress
Side Bar is an upscale nightclub experience, dress code is upscale casual. No hats or head coverings of any kind. No athletic shoes/wear or jerseys. No work boots of any color. No hoodies or sweatsuits. No excessively baggy clothes.