The Rustic Root Rooftop lounge is a bar/nightclub that floats above and overlooks the busiest section of Gaslamp district in San Diego. The perfect location for people to have drinks after dinner, to hang out with large groups of friends, or to enjoy after going out to clubs.
What To Know
Music: Edm, Live Music
Best for: Groups, Dining
Average Line: 15-30 min
Price: $$ (Moderate)
Attire: Trendy, Casual
When To Visit
Hours of Operation
Where To Go
NBHD: Gaslamp District
535 Fifth Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
• Location: Rustic Root is located in Gaslamp District, a few blocks from Convention Center; at 535 Fifth Ave.
• Stunning City Views.
• Food Available: Yes; starting at $8-$20.
• Vegan Options: Yes.
• Drink Prices: Expect to pay $13-$15 for Mixed Drinks. Craft Cocktail Shots $8 or $12 for a double. $50 for group-share drinks (serves 4-5), such as Elderflower Child and Garden Party Punch; or Henebery Barrel Aged Old Fashioned (serves 8-10) for $180.
• Good For Happy Hour: Yes. 4-6PM, Monday-Friday. Includes: 50%-off Featured Appetizers, $5 Local Draft Beers, $8 Draft Beer Flight, $5 House Red & White Wines or $12 Wine Flight, $6 Premium Well Drinks, $8 Rustic Originals & Seasonal Cocktails.
• Vices & Vino: Every Monday evening, 5:30pm – close. Live acoustic music pours through our downstairs dining room as half priced bottles of wine flow freely.
• Smoking: No.
• Table Reservations: No. Rooftop tables are first come first serve basis.
• Good For Dancing: No.
• The Crowd: Always a good mixed crowd more on the upscale side but not snobby, and always good looking.
• Outdoor Seating: Yes.
• Parking: Street Parking Available.
• Best Night/s: Thu, Fri, Sat.
• Still have questions? Head to our Contact Info to directly connect with us.
How To Best Dress
There is no actual dress code. The atmosphere is rustic chic with a diverse crowd. Some people get dressed up, wearing dresses and heels; while others might wear board shorts and tennis shoes. The atmosphere is super casual; with loads of class and packed with good looking people.