Onyx Room has represented the best in San Diego NightLife for years. Featuring a variety of local spun DJs and International talent along with world class service. A night-time destination for all. With music genres ranging from hip hop, mash-ups, top 40 & party rock to house, electronic, dubstep, 80’s and reggae we have something to offer for everyone.
» show more
The club attracts an open-minded, up-for-anything, and incredibly friendly crowd who enjoy the fact that the venue offers both a chic lounge bar vibe early-evening and a late-night dance club atmosphere.
Spilt across three separate spaces, the club features a street-level bar area, downstairs lounge and dance rooms. The basement lounge has a luxurious feel with comfortable seating, a large bar and retro décor featuring intricate coving and hanging lamps.
Whether it’s to get on the guest list or set up bottle service, contact our VIP Nightlife team today. Let us plan your next great San Diego day or night out. Give us a call quick and easy at (619) 330-9430.
» show less
What To Know
Music: Edm, HipHop
Best for: Groups, Singles
Average Line: 20-40 min
Price: $$ (Moderate)
Attire: Upscale, Dressy
When To Visit
Hours of Operation
Fridays: 9pm -3am
Saturday: 9pm -2am
Where To Go
852 Fifth Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
• Location: Onyx Room is located five minutes away from Horton Plaza Park in the Gaslamp District.
• Onyx Room is actually three rooms in one. An upper room on the street level and two more below it.
• Upstairs mainly plays hip hop while downstairs plays house. Onyx is also known to play Latino and Spanish music sometimes.
• Onyx hosts an after hours party on Fridays till 3am.
• Best table location: Main Room Table (XL) is best and features Hip Hop & Top 40 music.
• Admission: Onyx Room charges a cover ranging from $10-$30.
• Drink Prices: Expect to pay $15-20 for cocktails. Bottles start at $200-$500 & up.
• Best nights to go: All nights are good, but weekends are best.
• Parking: Street.
• Rumba Fridays: Let your hair down at the biggest Latin party in San Diego! Dance to bachata, salsa, merengue, reggaeton, Spanish trap, & high energy Latin hits at Rumba Fridays. Or flow upstairs for some hip-hop & top hits from our world-class DJs.
• Onyx Saturdays: Go hard on the dance floor every Onyx Saturday! Take your pick of hip-hop & top hits or head downstairs to party to amazing Latin hits and Regional Banda music.
How To Best Dress
• There is a dress code so skip the beachwear. In an effort to provide a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere, Onyx Room respectfully requires all guests to be in appropriate attire.
• The following is not permitted: Hats, headgear, hoodies, athletic shoes, Nike Jordans, boots, tanks, shorts, neck & facial tattoos, baggy or excessively torn clothes, gang related wear, sports attire, exposed heavy jewelry.
• All guests must be 21 years of age or older (strict). A current, non-expired, valid photo ID is required of every patron visiting Onyx Room Nightclub.