House of Blues is THE ultimate night out in San Diego; where great food sets the stage for amazing live concerts. From VIP experiences with the world’s best artists to our world-famous Gospel Brunch on Sundays, HOB is truly where music and food feed the soul.
» read more
This is one of the best dining and music venues in the U.S.A. If you want to have a great time and have a nice dinner and listen to some good music than this is the place to go on a date or a guy’s/gal’s night out or an anniversary celebration. The House of Blues San Diego venue is located in the heart of downtown San Diego near the cities entertainment industry and hot spots. This venue has a nice patio to sit and eat or have a drink and a nice friendly hostess to greet you at the entrance. The best feature of this venue is the music hall which features a balcony and dance floor right in front of the stage. The floor itself features a bar with a bartender ready to serve you before and during a concert. The hall is really nice and comfortable to be in everything is just perfect and best part of it all is that it offers the most basic commodities for the disabled and people with special needs. Really great place for a great night out.
» read less
What To Know
Music: Live Concerts
Best for: Groups, Singles
Cover charge: $20
Average Line: 15-20 min
Attire: Upscale, Stylish
When To Visit
Hours of Operation
Sun-Fri 5pm -1am
Saturdays 5pm –2am
Where To Go
House of Blues
1055 Fifth Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
• How to get to club: The entrance to the theatre is on sixth NOT 5th.
• Try to stand near the middle or up top at the House of Blues San Diego. It’s harder to hear on the sides.
• Great happy hour upstairs at the bar till 7pm.
• They have a full bar and restaurant, though you’ll save mega money if you eat first.
• Arrive early as it is standing room only on the floor at the House of Blues.
• Best nights to go: The venue is open seven days a week from 5pm to closing. Friday and Saturdays are always the busiest.
• There is no re-entry. But why would you want to leave? The show will be great!
• Smoking of any kind is not permitted in the venue. This also includes vape cigarettes. There is a designated area outside for smoking.
• Parking: $10-$15 lot parking super close; or take a cab, the trolley, or Park it on Market. You can also park for cheap just north of HOB, but use your street smarts if you’re walking alone after midnight. * Parking structure across the street at 6th and C is only $6.
How To Best Dress
• Fashionable attire encouraged. No shorts, sandals, hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, sports wear, tank tops, sneakers and athletic shoes.
• The following is not permitted: No guns, knives, weapons, pepper spray, projectiles of any kind, or any other item that could be used to inflict harm. Replicas of any type of weapon are NOT permitted. No drugs, drug paraphernalia or illegal substances of any kind. No personal video cameras, Go-Pros, selfie sticks, drones, masks or laser pointers.
• No professional audio, video, or audio recording equipment – (including detachable lenses, tripods, zooms or commercial use rigs). No unsealed liquids or gels of any kind. No jewelry or clothing that could inflict harm.
• No large bags over (10” x 10”), backpacks, Camelbacks or Bota bags. No stuffed animals or toys of any kind.
• Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any guest who does not meet dress code requirements.