Float SD Rooftop Lounge is set high over Downtown San Diego in the famous Hard Rock Hotel. A stylish oasis during the day around the pool evolves into fire pits and DJ sets at night.
Private poolside cabanas feature lounge seating and flat screen TVs next to an expansive bar. Whether the sun is up or down, there is something to fit every mood and satisfy every impulse.
» read more
Opt for a signature cocktail at the dedicated bar as the live DJ spins your favorite tunes, or take your soiree poolside with plush seating and private cabanas. There are countless options at Float; branded San Diego’s favorite hotel rooftop.
Whether it’s to get on the guest list or set up bottle service, contact our VIP Nightlife team today. Let us plan your next great San Diego day and or night out. Give us a call quick and easy at 619.330.9430.
» read less
What To Know
Music: Open Format
Best for: Groups, Singles
Average Line: 10-30 min
Price: $$ -$$$
Attire: Pool/ Swimwear
When To Visit
Hours of Operation
Monday – Sunday
Where To Go
Hard Rock Hotel
207 Fifth Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
• Location: Float is located poolside on rooftop deck of the iconic Hard Rock Hotel in the center of San Diego’s downtown Gaslamp Quarter.
• Table service and cabana reservations available.
• Happy Hour: 3–7PM, Mon-Thu.
• Drink Prices: Expect to pay $12-$34 for Cocktails. Pitchers at $65-$70. Mojitos and Sangria at $16-$30. Frozen Cocktails at $32. Bottle/Table Packages starting at $600-$3000, Plus, there are also “Champagne Campaigns” ranging from $300 to $1,500 as well as a Beer Trough with 32 beers for $250.
• Best days to go: Saturday is SUNBURN Pool Lounge which feature the venue’s best DJ lineups and events.
• Admission: Cover charge depends on entertainment booked and is at discretion of door staff.
• Float overlooks the harbor, historic Gaslamp Sign and famous Coronado Bridge; offering lavish look into one of So-Cal’s most stunning views.
• Fire Pits: Hang out by the fire pits! Float at Hard Rock San Diego invites guests to socialize and look amazing by the glow of the fire. These fire pits add to the cool ambiance. And when the breeze picks up, you can stay toasty. Float Bar San Diego ensure that patrons have a great time here without freezing in stylish attire.
• Poolside Cabanas: Float at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego has poolside cabanas where guests can lounge and people watch. With a comfortable place to sit, patrons can relax with drinks while listening to DJs & chatting with friends. A poolside cabanas will provide a private oasis amidst hubbub of party-goers.
• Smoking: Yes.
• Parking: Valet, Street.
• Best table location: Cabanas; or anywhere poolside.
• Still have questions? Head to our Contact Info to connect with us.
Sunburn Pool Lounge
Set atop the hotel’s rooftop lounge, FLOAT, these parties are a San Diego favorite. Taking place every Saturday from 12-7pm, SUNBURN Saturdays come complete with live DJs, tasty BBQ bites & treats, VIP daybeds and drink specials.
Tickets range from $10-$25/person, and sell out fast, so be sure to snag yours. Come dressed in your best swimwear. No bare feet or baggy clothes are allowed here.
How To Best Dress
• Pool/ swimwear attire required for all. No jerseys. No baggy clothing, jeans, long socks, sweats, gym shorts, rolled-up pants and/or attire promoting drug use. Management reserves right to deny entry at their discretion for any reason (e.g. over-intoxication, dress code, etc).
• What is allowed: Purses not larger than 6″ x 12″, hats, sunblock, cell phone, sunglasses, cigs, small beach towel, fanny pack, digital or film camera (Non Pro), lighters.
• Following items are prohibited: Video/ professional cameras, outside food or beverage, chains or chain wallets, audio recording device, pets, camelbacks, fireworks/ explosives, knives/ weapons, blankets, drugs, drug paraphernalia, sharpie/markers, stuffed animals.