Combining food and dance, Bang Bang serves high-quality sushi at bar area and is fairly well-known for it around San Diego. It features many popular groove-based Edm artists in its nightclub section.
The dark and dramatic 7,000 sq foot space, formerly The Witherby & Airr, houses large video screens with ever-changing projections and dining room covered with a canopy of hanging paper lanterns.
» read more
Second floor space is accessed via steep stairwell revamped into a tile-lined tunnel with piped-in subway sounds. Upstairs, diners can choose between the quieter, well-lit sushi barroom or the dimly lit social room with bar, dance floor and an endless stream of weird Japanese videos and cartoons playing on the walls.
In women’s bathroom, one stall is famously devoted completely to dreamy photos of actor Ryan Gosling — whose name also graces a specialty sushi roll. Plus, there are also tributes to Bruce Lee, Hello Kitty and Godzilla.
The lighting changes from hues of orange to purple, and it gives the venue a tropical ambiance; which adds to the club’s overall relaxed charm. If you are looking for a trendy nightspot in San Diego, Bang Bang is definitely worth a shot.
» read less
What To Know
Music: Deep House, Edm
Best for: Sushi, Groups
Average Line: 15-45 min
Price: $$ -$$$
Attire: Trendy, Dressy
When To Visit
Hours of Operation
Fri-Sat: 5PM –2AM
Where To Go
526 Market St
San Diego, CA 92101
• Location: Bang Bang is located in the Gaslamp District in San Diego on Market between 5th & 6th.
• Drinks served in myriad of creative ways—the most memorable being in white porcelain cat mug, with straw poking out the top of its head.
• Dinner Menu Available: 5-11pm. Come for dinner and stay for dancing!
• Bathrooms have themed stalls: one that famously has pictures of Ryan Gosling plastered all over it and another that is entirely Hello Kitty.
• Bang Bang hosts many high-profile names in dance music like Louis the Child, Purity Ring, Bondax, Pete Tong, and Nosaj Thing. Many artists that play CRSSD music festival in San Diego play sets at Bang Bang.
• Happy Hour: Yes. The happy hour here is generous, with half off food and drink specials every night (all night on Tuesday) and 10PM to close on Sundays.
• Drink Prices: Specialty Cocktails at $16. Beers $6-$12 and $11-$75 for Sake. Shots start at $5 and premium bottles of liquor from $350 and up.
• Drink Recommendation: The Punch Bowl. If you plan on getting a couple of drinks here, you can spend $15 per drink or get a Punch Bowl for $42 and you and a few of your closest friends will be set all night. They pack a “punch” so beware.
• You can have bacon for dessert: The Bangwich is an ice cream sandwich made with banana-bacon cookies.
• Admission: General admission starts at $20-30 at the door, cash only.
• Best nights to go: Friday and Saturday nights are the nights that the nightclub is open.
• Coat Check: No.
• Outdoor Seating: No.
• Parking: There are local parking lots ranging from $10 to $20 depending on the night.
• Still have questions? Head to our Contact Info to connect with us.
How To Best Dress
There is no official dress code; but Bang Bang is definitely a swanky place. If you go on weekends; then guys should not bother wearing sneakers or hats. Most of the people inside are all well-dressed in typical downtown SD fashion.